The purpose of the marketing budget template is to keep you on top of your marketing spend. You can input your budget by type of marketing spend and use this spreadsheet to log all activity in the marketing side of the business: from trade shows to sampling to agency costs. See where you are overspending and underspending, as well as what you’re spending your money on.
- A fully formed spend log for you to post all marketing spend into, allowing you to keep track
- A budget table, breaking budget out by category
- A budget versus actuals report showing how your spend is tracking versus budget
- Ability to input your own categories and parent categories of spend – ideally aligned with your Xero or accountancy software categories
- A one page report for the finance team, flagging where invoices haven’t been sent to finance; as well as cash outflows and spend versus budget
- A one page report showing key marketing activity by month
- Marketing teams with no more than 20 categories of spend and 8 parent categories.
- No more than 7 names to log spend against.
- Types of cost fall into the following categories: stock cost; logistics costs; people costs; show costs; materials/print costs; POS costs; agency costs; advertising costs; other costs.
- No more than 20 SKUs.
- Timing goes up to 2020.